Taiz, Marib, Lahj, Aden, Shabwa, Abyan, Al-Jawf, Ibb, Al-Dhalea,-
Accountability for Peace (AFP) / Apr. 2017 – September 2022/ funded by Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) and implemented through three phases. AFP is working to create a record of human grievances and abuses to support community reconciliation and inform future transitional justice processes through local Community Facilitators in Yemen. This program implemented in three phases started in 2013. Partners developed a human grievances violations database to preserve and report on transgressions, while also equipping local communities with skills and mentorship to facilitate reconciliation processes around grievances and abuse. The program achieved the following results,
- 10 Community Facilitators trained in international and human rights law
- 800 data points collected on grievances and abuses
- 10 councils established to address local grievances and abuses
- 30 community dialogues conducted that enable community members to work together with local authorities to address emerging community issues and needs
- 900 people participated to formulate community solutions of address communal grievances
- six (6) community small grants implemented
Partners Yemen is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that began its....
Partners Yemen is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that began its work in Yemen since 2009 as an international organization. In....